Electric cars – the basics
It might sound a bit of an obvious question, after all isn’t an electric car, well electric?
But car manufacturers are making things tricky by calling different types of cars electrified, even when they aren’t a pure electric car.
An electric car uses electric motors to move the wheels and the power comes from a battery. You charge your battery by plugging it in, kind of like giant smartphone. And you can do that at home or at one of the 42,000 or so public charge points across the UK as of May 2023.
You don’t need to fill it with petrol or diesel, just plain old electricity and as a bonus there are no nasty emissions coming from the car. You might hear electric cars called EVs (electric vehicles) or BEVs (battery electric vehicles). This type of car is your best option if you want to go greener and reduce running costs.
Reasons to make the switch to electric:
- Smoother and generally more comfortable drive
- There’s no engine, so less to go wrong
- Easier to drive as they’re automatic
- Cheaper maintenance
- No high costs for petrol and diesel
- Clever apps to make your life easier – defrost your car while sat in bed
- Cars for everyone – from a nippy city zip about to a luxury ride
- Governments grants to help you buy your car and install a home charge point.
Lease an electric car
Choose an electric car lease with ElectriX and CBVC to:
- Choose your dream electric car – pick the car you want the way you want it
- Plan your costs – fixed monthly payments
- Go personal or business – lease in your own name or through your business